Wilmar International Limited, founded in 1991 and headquartered in Singapore, is today Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar is ranked amongst the largest listed companies by market capitalisation on the Singapore Exchange.
Wilmar’s business activities include oil palm cultivation, oilseed crushing, edible oils refining, sugar milling and refining, manufacturing of consumer products, specialty fats, oleochemicals, biodiesel and fertilisers as well as flour and rice milling. At the core of Wilmar’s strategy is an integrated agribusiness model that encompasses the entire value chain of the agricultural commodity business, from cultivation, processing, merchandising to manufacturing of a wide range of agricultural products. It has over 500 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. The Group has a multinational workforce of about 90,000 people.
Wilmar’s portfolio of high quality processed agricultural products is the preferred choice of consumers and the food manufacturing industry. Its consumer-packed products have a leading share in many Asian and African countries. Through scale, integration and the logistical advantages of its business model, Wilmar is able to extract margins at every step of the value chain, thereby reaping operational synergies and cost efficiencies. Wilmar is a firm advocate of sustainable growth and is committed to its role as a responsible corporate citizen.
An Expanding Global Footprint
From its humble beginnings, Wilmar has today become a global leader in processing and merchandising of edible oils, oilseed crushing, sugar merchandising, milling and refining, production of oleochemicals, specialty fats, palm biodiesel, flour milling, rice milling and consumer pack oils:
- Largest edible oils refiner, specialty fats and oleochemicals manufacturer as well as leading oilseed crusher, producer of consumer pack oils, flour and rice and one of the largest flour and rice millers in China
- One of the largest oil palm plantation owners and the largest palm oil refiner and palm kernel and copra crusher, specialty fats, oleochemicals and biodiesel manufacturer in Indonesia and Malaysia
- Largest producer of branded consumer pack oils in Indonesia
- Largest branded consumer pack oils, specialty fats and oleochemicals producer and edible oils refiner as well as leading oilseed crusher, sugar miller and refiner in India
- One of the largest oil palm plantation owners, edible oils refiners and producers of consumer pack oils, soaps and detergents as well as third largest sugar producer in Africa
- Largest raw sugar producer and refiner, a leading merchandiser of consumer brands in sugar and sweetener market and largest manufacturer of bread, spreads and sauces in Australia
- Largest manufacturer of consumer pack margarine and mayonnaise in Russia
- Largest edible oils refiner and specialty fats producer in Ukraine
- Leading refiner of tropical oils in Europe