Wilmar International Limited, founded in 1991 and headquartered in Singapore, is today Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar is ranked amongst the largest listed companies by market capitalisation on the Singapore Exchange.
Wilmar’s business activities include oil palm cultivation, oilseed crushing, edible oils refining, sugar milling and refining, manufacturing of consumer products, specialty fats, oleochemicals, biodiesel and fertilisers as well as flour and rice milling. At the core of Wilmar’s strategy is an integrated agribusiness model that encompasses the entire value chain of the agricultural commodity business, from cultivation, processing, merchandising to manufacturing of a wide range of agricultural products. It has over 500 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. The Group has a multinational workforce of about 90,000 people.
Wilmar’s portfolio of high quality processed agricultural products is the preferred choice of consumers and the food manufacturing industry. Its consumer-packed products have a leading share in many Asian and African countries. Through scale, integration and the logistical advantages of its business model, Wilmar is able to extract margins at every step of the value chain, thereby reaping operational synergies and cost efficiencies. Wilmar is a firm advocate of sustainable growth and is committed to its role as a responsible corporate citizen.
An Expanding Global Footprint
From its humble beginnings, Wilmar has today become:
- World's largest processor and merchandiser of palm and lauric oils, manufacturer of oleochemicals, specialty fats, palm biodiesel and consumer pack oils as well as crusher of palm kernel and copra crusher
- One of the largest oil palm plantation owners and the largest palm oil refiner in Indonesia and Malaysia
- Largest edible oils refiner, specialty fats and oleochemicals manufacturer as well as leading oilseed crusher, flour and rice miller, and producer of consumer pack oils, flour and rice in China
- Amongst the top 10 global raw sugar producers as well as the largest raw sugar producer and refiner, and a leading merchandiser of consumer brands in sugar and sweetener market in Australia
- Leading producer of consumer pack table margarine, mayonnaise and sauces in Russia
- A leading branded consumer pack oils producer, oilseed crusher and edible oils refiner in India
- Leading supplier of edible oils and third largest sugar producer in Africa
- One of the largest edible oils refiners in Ukraine